From ProtoLab Wiki
Use of this tool requires prior safety training and approval from Idea Shop personnel.
Text about the machine goes here.
- Always wear eye protection when using a belt/disc sander.
- Remove ties, ring, watch and other jewelry, and roll up sleeves before using the belt/disc sander.
- Make all adjustment on the belt/disc sander with the power OFF.
- Make sure the sand belt or disc is not torn or loose before using the sander.
- Always hold the work firmly when sanding.
- Always use the backstop when belt sander is in the horizontal position.
- Never wear gloves or hold work with a rag when sanding.
- Do not sand pieces of material that are too small to be safely supported.
- Avoid awkward hand positions where a sudden slip could cause a hand to move into the sanding belt or disc.
- When sanding a large work piece, provide additional support at table height.
- Do not sand with the work piece unsupported. Support the work piece with the backstop or table. The only exception is curved work performed on the outer sanding drum.
- Always turn the machine off and disconnect the cord from the power source before installing or removing accessories or when making repairs
- Never leave the machine work area when the power is on or before the machine has come to a complete stop.
- Shut off power and clean the sander and work area before leaving the area.
- Do not use on stock that needs to be completely flat and smooth (use a jointer or planer).
- Typically not recommended for use on smaller areas or where surfaces must remain flat - use a sanding block.
- Use clamps when necessary to secure work for more consistent results and less slipping.