In order to access the safety training site you must sign in with your Illinois Tech Google Account.
There will be no in-person safety trainings during the Spring 2021 semester.
Those who want to use the Assembly Area must watch the video training and take the safety quizzes assigned to them - link at the top of this page - you must log in with your Illinois Tech credentials.
Once you've completed the video training you will be able to immediately make reservations to use the Assembly Area. Quizzes are unlocked 7 days after watching the video. As long as you complete the quiz before day 15 you will not experience any interruption in your ability to use the Assembly Area. Instructions to reserve time can be found on the Reservations page of this website.
The Makers Space will not be open to student use during the Spring 2021 semester.
In order to complete their safety training for Fall 2020, users must watch the training video and complete the safety quizzes assigned to them.
- Users can access the safety quiz information at any time via the Safety Quizzes page of this website.
Why do I get a Google 403 error when trying to log into the safety training site?
Google OAuth login for our site is restricted to Illinois Tech Google Accounts Only.
If you receive this error repeatedly and Google does not allow you to choose an account to log in with, either:
- Log in using an incognito window.
- Log out of all google accounts and return to the site login page.
If you continue to encounter errors please reach out to our staff for assistance.
I watched the Fall 2020 Video Training but it says I haven't?
You must watch the video on this page: https://dev.ideashop.iit.edu/safety/COVID
- You must be logged in with your IIT credentials.
- You cannot fast-forward through the video, watch it at increased speed, mute the video, or have the tab minimized - if you do any of these things it will not register that you've watched the video.
- If you are still having problems contact the Idea Shop staff at email@example.com
I've completed my safety quizzes during Spring 2020, do I need to do anything?
We have updated our policy to implement COVID precautions. We recommend you watch the comprehensive safety video here: https://dev.ideashop.iit.edu/safety/COVID This video includes the new policies implemented to keep shop users and staff safe during the COVID pandemic.
If you would like more clarification on this please contact Idea Shop staff.