If you have already been safety trained and would like to make a reservation to work in the Assembly Area, click here. See below for detailed instructions.
Only users who have previously completed a safety training may reserve work time in the Assembly Area. (For new users who need to complete a safety training, see the Safety Training page)
Step by Step Instructions
Log Into Idea Shop Portal
Log into our safety training and reservation portal using your Illinois Tech Google Account.
Check that your safety trainings
- Your home screen should show all of your valid safety trainings.
- You are able to make a reservation as soon as you complete your training.
- Quizzes become available 7 days after your training
- If you do not pass the quiz before day 15 you will lose the ability to make a reservation.
Click "Make A Reservation" on the top left toolbar
- Your toolbar is your key to success, watch the safety training video, take your quizzes, and make reservations here.
Make A Reservation
- Select a date for your reservation.
- Select the type of reservation you will require.
- If choosing CAD Computer, Electronics Workbench, Sewing, or Embroidering you are reserving space for yourself only.
- If choosing "Team Workstation" you will see the option to reserve 3 extra spaces - 4 spaces to each workstation - you must enter the Illinois Tech email for each student joining you for this reservation time. (see next step)
Select Reservation Type
- If you are making a team reservation you can add up to three people - they must be safety trained too! Add their email when registering so our staff knows how many people to expect in the Assembly Area during your reservation.
- If you are making any other kind of reservation do not bring your friends. This time is just for you and your project. Remain in your reserved area as much as possible.
- Select the time and date you will be working in the Assembly Area and submit your reservation.
- Your will see a green bar confirming your reservation! You're good to go, we will see you during your reserved time.