As of December 3, 2022 the Grainger Maker Space will remain closed to in-person use for the Fall 2020 semester, and the Assembly Area will be open to in-person use by appointment only. These policies are subject to change at any time without notice.
- For prototyping services via remote file submissions, see our Remote File Submission page for details.
- To make an Assembly Area reservation, click here. Only users who have previously completed a safety training can reserve work time or join another users reservation in the Assembly Area.
This wiki serves as the operation manual and lab notebook for the Idea Shop Prototyping Lab. Use these pages to:
- Understand the capabilities and limitations of the lab equipment.
- Look up the properties of materials that can be worked in the lab.
- Gain an overview of common methods - combinations of machines and materials - that are available in the lab.
- Review the projects of other lab users.
This is a site built by the users of the lab. A framework of information will be provided in these pages by the lab staff. Users will build on that framework, providing a source of prototyping information that grows in depth and breadth. If you would like to get more information about visiting and using the Prototyping Lab, please contact Patrick Karnia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Saturday December 3 2022
- uPrint Plus ABS 3D printer is offline.
- zPrinter 450 Plaster 3D printer is online.
- Form2 Resin 3D printer is online.
- Objet Eden 260V Polyjet 3D printer is online.
- Monoprice Mini PLA 3D printer is online
- Epilog Laser Cutter is online.
- Universal Laser Cutter is offline.
- ShopSabre 3-Axis CNC Router is offline.
- Roland 4-Axis CNC Mill is online.