Difference between revisions of "Handheld Router"
(Created page with "<div class="alert alert-auto alert-danger" role="alert" style="font-weight:bold; text-align:left;"><span class="glyphicon glyphicon-alert" aria-hidden="true"></span> Use...")
Revision as of 20:17, 8 January 2018
A handheld router is a machine that works similarly to a CNC and chisels away unwanted pieces of material. The height of the router bit can be manually adjusted. Bits are shaped differently depending on the job, such as if a joint is being created. When the device is not mounted, it may be difficult to make clean cuts.
- Always wear eye protection and ear protection is recommended for extended sessions.
- Make sure items such as hair and hoodie strings are tied up or put away, as they may get caught in a spinning bit.
- Check for and remove any nails and screws.
- Secure the material.
- Adjust the height of the bit as desired.
- Always hold the tool firmly with both hands, as it can be difficult to control.
- Do not force the bit to make a cut if you experience resistance. Instead, consider changing bits.