A handheld router is a machine that works similarly to a CNC and chisels away unwanted pieces of material. The height of the router bit can be manually adjusted. Bits are shaped differently depending on the job, such as if a joint is being created. When the device is not mounted, it may be difficult to make clean cuts.
- Always wear eye protection and ear protection is recommended for extended sessions.
- Make sure items such as hair and hoodie strings are tied up or put away, as they may get caught in a spinning bit.
- Check for and remove any nails and screws.
- Secure the material.
- Adjust the height of the bit as desired.
- Always hold the tool firmly with both hands, as it can be difficult to control.
- Do not force the bit to make a cut if you experience resistance. Instead, consider changing bits.