Instructional Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znnurySP3no Safety Instructions:
1. Always wear eye protection (safety glasses or a face shield).
2. Remove tie, rings, watch and other jewelry and roll up sleeves.
3. Make sure the wheel guards are in place. Grinding creates heat; don't touch any portion of the workpiece until you are sure it has cooled.
4. Adjust the spark guards to be close to the wheel, and re-adjust these spark guards as the wheels wear down to a smaller diameter
5. Be sure blotters and wheel flanges are used to mount the grinding wheels onto the shaft of the grinder.
6. Stand to one side of the wheel when turning on power
7. Tool rests should be adjusted close to the wheels and thoroughly tightened in place so they cannot shift position while in use
8. Inspect the wheels before turning on the power. DO NOT use wheels that have been chipped or cracked.
9. When grinding, use the face of the wheel only.
10. Dress the wheel on the face only. Dressing the side of the wheel would cause it to become too thin for safe use.
11. DO NOT use a wheel that vibrates. Dress wheel, replace the wheel, or replace the bearings of the shaft if these are worn. Grinding creates heat; don't touch ground portion of workpiece until you are sure workpiece has cooled.
12. Shut off the power and do not leave guards as the wheels wear down to a until the wheel has come to a complete stop and the work area is clean when finished using machine.