From Idea Shop Wiki
Here is a list of basic commands you may find helpful while either creating a CAD drawing or fitting your drawing into our laser bed. To use a command, simply type it! To stop a command, press ESC.
- Line - Click to create lines! Once dragging in the direction you want, you can type in the desired length,
- Circle - Creates a circle! Once choosing the midpoint you can either drag the radius, or type in the desired radius.
- Rectangle - Creates a rectangle! Once choosing the first corner, you can either drag for the opposite corner or type in the desired length, measured across diagonally from the initial point.
- Move - Moves an object!
- Copy - Creates a copy of any object. Once choosing your object, pick a base point and begin placing the copies as needed.
- Scale - Choose your object and base point, then type in the factor by which you want to scale (for example, 2 results in twice the size). You can click Reference to choose a specific line segment that you already know the length of to scale an entire object. Common scale factors include:
- From mm to inch use 0.03937
- From inch to mm use 25.4
- Rotate - Rotates an object. After choosing a base point to rotate about, type in the desired angle (positive is counter-clockwise).
- Dimension - Pick a beginning and endpoint. The resulting object now shows the length of this line segment. For our computers, all measurements are in inches.
- Trim - First select a border, or boundary, of the trim. Hit enter, then trim away desired objects.
- Explode - Breaks objects into individual line segments.
- Join - Connects touching line segments (if it doesn't work, check that they are touching.)
- Overkill - If two lines overlap, deletes one of the overlapping segments.
- Copybase - Changes the base to a desired point.
- Dupfaceborder - If you have a square, makes the side profile - Rhino only